Sunday 27 April 2014

Read along: Love in the Time of Cholera

There are books you want to read and acquire yourself and then there are those which someone Love in the Time of Cholerasuggests you read and hence you acquire it. The latter, in my case, mostly goes into my TBR pile (which is a sizable heap right now). So here I am, this Monday morning, pledging solemnly that I shall read atleast a book from that pile every month and get done with it.
Love in the time of Cholera was one of the two book a fellow bibliophile and pluviophile friend of mine suggested a good 6 months. Since I was in my all dark-and-underworld phase of mind around the time, I choose Godfather, another classic-cult novel, over the bespoke book (And no, I don't regret my choice). Now that I've reached my everything-lovey-dovey phase of mind after reading The Fault in Our Stars I guess I'm ready to take the plunge into this magnum opus. But is not my only reason for choosing this book right now.
On the balmy morning of April 18th this year when the news of Gabriel Garcia Marquez's sad demise hit the headlines all I could feel was a sense of guilt for not reading his works in his time. So this is my way of paying tribute to this celebrated genius. I hope it will open a new wave of thought into me. Happy reading to all of you.
Let me know if you have read any of his works, and if you have what have you liked about it. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment